Buliding A Fast Turn-Around Election Tracker - Stream Notes for November 6 2020 LiveCoding
Seeing if I can build my own election tracker before the election is over.
Made it (with like, a day to spare).
Used an existing feed and spent most of the time on formatting.
The real thing I was after was seeing how many estimated votes were necessary (and the percentage) for a candidate to win a state. It was a fun exercise.
Links From The Stream
- Alaska Election Results - The New York Times
- Data | MIT Election Lab
- Election 2020 Results
- Google Search: calculate percentage one number is of another
- Google Search: election raw data
- Google Search: election results #election2020
- Google Search: grep one level deep
- Google Search: pennsylvania
- Google Search: python add commas to numbers
- Google Search: python flip sign
- Google Search: remember, rember
- How to Calculate the Percentage of Another Number
- Percentage Calculator
- Python | Reverse sign of each element in given list - GeeksforGeeks
- Reverse Integer in Python
- Stack Overflow: Python Add Comma Into Number String
- Stack Overflow: Reverse sign function returns none