Learning Django By Making A Tutorial - Part 2
This is the second part of exploring Django to make a tutorial in order to teach myself how to use it.
[Start: 00:00:00] - Review Existing Draft
The stream starts off running through the initial draft of the process.
[Time: 01:19:52] - Building A Checklist Page With Data
After that, I build a quick About page before moving on to building a checklist page that connects to the data base.
Table Of Contents
- Part 1 - Getting the home page to work
- Part 2 - Reviewing the first draft and building a model, view, and url structure for a checklist page
- Part 3 - Learning how to test. And, making a python module so that unittest's output is green instead of red when tests pass.
- Part 4 - More progress with testing and getting database content to show up. (Also, updating my local Hugo site to launch into either Sublime Text 2, or Sublime Text 3.)
- Part 5 - Working with forms and getting a pointer to generic views.
- Part 6 - Review run-through and adding URLs.
Links From The Stream
- Adding Custom Views and Templates to Django Admin | by Adrienne Domingus | Medium
- BooleanField - Django Models - GeeksforGeeks
- Class-based views | Django documentation | Django
- Django Tutorial Part 4: Django admin site - Learn web development | MDN
- Django Web Framework (Python) - Learn web development | MDN
- Hello, World 5 Different Ways | LearnDjango.com
- How to Set Up Your Homepage with Django | by 9cv9 official | Medium
- Learn to Code - for Free | Codecademy
- Learn to code at home | freeCodeCamp.org
- Learn web development | MDN
- Mozilla Foundation - Core Curriculum
- The Django Admin - Python Django Tutorials
- The Django admin site | Django documentation | Django
- unittest colored output - Stack Overflow
- Web Demystified - YouTube
- Writing your first Django app, part 3 | Django documentation | Django
- Writing your first Django app, part 5 | Django documentation | Django