Steps for Writing a Blog Post
April - 2015
- Come up with an idea for a post.
- Determine the post needs a chart.
- Look for existing tools to produce the chart.
- Don't find any acceptable ones and decide to make it yourself.
- Read "Interactive Data Visualization for the Web" by Scott Murray.
- Build the chart to look exactly the way you want.
- Realize the chart isn't "Responsive" (i.e. look good on phones, 30" monitors and everythign in between).
- More research.
- Discover there isn't a good guide for making a accessible, reusable, responsive chart.
- Cobble together various resources and experiment until you come up with your own code.
- Decide it's worth documenting all this effort so other people can learn from the effort.
- Refactor the example for publication.
- Write a tutorial post demonstrating the example.
- Write the actual post that started this all.